Monday, February 6, 2012

Something New… Plus Some

Our good friends Chuck and Toni Hernandez are doing some house cleaning (more like purging) and offered to give us (YES GIVE US) a wonderful new (to us) entertainment center. It’s solid oak and absolutely beautiful! They came this past Saturday to deliver it to us. Check it out. Looks like our TV shrunk inside this… time for a new, bigger one? Well maybe later!

100_1032

This has replaced our old, beat up, entertainment center which now resides in our game room. (Jonathon forgot to move the filing cabinet back… grrrrr!!!)

100_1033

We had a bookshelf that we used for our movies, well because the new one is so big we had to move it too. Now it doesn’t hold our movies but some books!

100_1034

Since we moved this case to this location we had to move our tall bookshelf (that’s falling apart) somewhere else. We decided that we should move it to our bedroom so Jonathon has a place for all of his school books. We set up a desk area for his studying as well.

100_1036

We are so grateful for our wonderful friends – We love you guys!

____________________________________

Ethen was playing around the other day and decided to be Superman. He’s so cute! He was pretending to open his shirt like Superman does! This kid is awesome!

100_1031

____________________________________

On a serious note. I have been slacking in my scripture study for a while. And I finally realized that it’s because I was basically just READING and not actually STUDYING!

I was on Pinterest and found a pin about scripture studying and it led me to THIS website!

I swear “The Redheaded Hostess” is a GENIOUS! So based on her model of journaling I started my own and I have to say that I’ve been in the scriptures MORE than ever before. It makes it so simple! Plus with the detailed areas I find myself actually searching for answers and noting them in a journal of my own!

She even has samples of how she marks her scriptures (I stole those too so I could at least compare)!

You should SERIOUSLY check out her website and see if it helps your scripture study as much as it has mine!

 

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment