Since it’s President’s Day, Jonathon was off of work today and didn’t have school!
YEAH!!!!
As a treat we decided to take Ethen to watch a matinee movie at the Fiesta Hotel & Casino. I really don’t like going through casinos to the theaters because of all the cigarette smoke that assaults you when you walk in. Thankfully the at the Fiesta they were smarter and placed the theater right off the parking garage elevators so it is tolerable. ANYWAYS!
We saw this movie….
I thought it was really good! Ethen completely enjoyed it too!
In this movie Sean and his step-dad set out to find The Mysterious Island written about in Jules Verne’s book with the same title. On the island they find that things are a little different – big things are small and small things are big! This was fine, I was fine – UNTIL THE FREAKIN’ SPIDERS!
ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! Thankfully I had my brave little guy next to me to hold me when the things with 8 legs, 10 eyes and fangs were on screen! He’s my hero!!!
So now that we’ve seen both Journey movies I am really interested in reading the books. I don’t think I’ve ever read any of Jules Verne’s works! Should be fun – YEAH for free books from Kindle!
_____________________________________________
Jonathon and Ethen love to play the Wii and X Box together! Every time Jonathon is home they are typically in the game room playing together!
Can you say father/son bonding!
_____________________________________________
Life is great. Yesterday in church we had a lesson about finding joy now. Why is it that we always put off the things that matter most. I have to laugh at myself – I always say “oh I’ll start that tomorrow or Monday” (why is it always Monday!) The sad thing is tomorrow comes and I still don’t start. I really hope I’m not the only one that does this.
I find that I do this kind of thing with happiness. Oh I’ll just be happy when Ethen is in school full time, or when he’s walking (I said this when he was a baby). Now – I wish I could hold my baby again. Why can’t I find joy NOW!
There is a great song by the Christian artist, Mandisa appropriately titled “Waiting for tomorrow”. It’s about changing today – we were made to do things and be happy!
2 Nephi 2:25 “…and men are, that they might have joy.”
I will strive harder to find joy in the journey. No matter what season of life I may be in. Right now I have a lot to be happy about (and I am happy). I think I just don’t dwell on it and enjoy it they way that I’m intended to!
If you’d like to hear Mandisa’s song here’s the youtube.com video
No comments:
Post a Comment