This past weekend was awesome! I signed up to run a 5k race a few weeks ago. I still hadn’t found a babysitter for Ethen and was about to not run it when I learned that he didn’t have to be registered to run in the race! YEAH!!! This was a perfect 5k to introduce him to running. The Color Run is a race where at ever kilometer of the race the volunteers throw colored powder at you, leaving you one big rainbow at the end of the race. It was so much fun! When Ethen found out that I was running a “race” he was all about running with me because he wanted to win it! So Saturday morning (5 am) we were up and ready to go! Ethen made it almost to the 4k mark when he finally asked for a piggy back ride. I was so proud of him!
Check out the fun!!!
All of us getting ready to run. Ethen, Me, Jennifer Sneed (from church and actually talked me into this run) her 3 kiddos, Laura (Jen’s sister) and Laura’s baby girl! Whew!
I loved the temporary tattoos that they handed out!
A little pre-race relaxation and energy boost!!!
MMMMMM ORANGES!!!
Oh yeah baby!!! Here we are!!! Yellow stage – 1k into race. Green Stage – 2k into race. Purple Stage – 3k into race. Pink stage – 4k into stage. I’ve never had so much fun on a run!
Finally at the end! Top Right picture is the massive explosion of color! I think my favorite picture is the one of Ethen and I (top left corner) after the run!
I sure hope they do this run again next year! I will most DEFINITELY run that again!
No comments:
Post a Comment