My grandmother and I made an unexpected trip to Kamas, UT (about 45 min from Salt Lake City) for a memorial and funeral service for my grandma's cousin. It was a real bummer of a reason to go but... I got to go to the Salt Lake Temple! I was so excited! I was able to take my great-aunt Viv's name through for her endowmnents! It was a great honor and I loved every minute of it. Our time in SLC was short and I didn't get to see everything I wanted to (like the tabernacle, the church history museum or the family history library) but I did get to see the temple (duh), the Joseph Smith building and the conference center!
It was a lot of fun to get to know family that I havn't really known before. They even put me in charge of planning the family reunion for next year! Guess I'd better get crackin' on that one!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment