Happy Birthday to me – I can’t believe I’m 33!!! We didn’t celebrate or do anything special, Jonathon had to work, so Ethen and I ordered pizza and watched a movie. We didn’t go trick or treating either – we usually only do that at the trunk or treat. I had the porch light off so no trick or treaters would knock on the door and then be disappointed because I had not candy. When our pizza arrived I turned it on so I could see and not leave the delivery person feeling uncomfortable. Unfortunately I forgot to turn it off again when I closed the door. A few minutes later the bell rang! I felt so bad turning away these sweet innocent babes dressed so adorably!!! As I was closing the door, Ethen tells me “Mom, they can have some of my candy!”
I quickly opened the door and called after them and explained what was happening. Of course the other mom’s awed at the sweet gesture and I wanted to cry. I was so overjoyed at the generosity and love that Ethen showed! He is such a great kid!!! Definitely the best birthday present a mom could receive – the gift that her efforts are paying off!!! I couldn’t let this awesome moment go unremembered and needed to include it for our family books!
No comments:
Post a Comment