A letter that I should write to the supervisor of the Transportation Department for the Clark County School District....
To Whom It May Concern:
First I would like to say that I am fully aware of the fiasco that is the first week of school. With all the students returning to class, new faces, new bus routes things tend to get a little... shall we say discombobulated! This however does NOT excuse you FORGETTING TO PICK UP MY SON! Yes... you read right, you failed in your duties to transport my son to and from school.
Yesterday, the third day of school, no bus again. So when I call your office I am informed that Ethen is not scheduled to start bus transportation until the following day. WHAT... I'm sorry but I thought that this should have started oh I don't know... THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL! So, no big deal I think, I'll just take him one more day and pick him up.
Then comes today. The day that I was told transportation would start for my sweet 3 year old child. As a good parent, I know that buses sometimes run a little off schedule, and this being the first week of school the drivers are still getting used to their routes so, I have my son out in front of our house at 1215 pm for a scheduled pick up of 1221. Reasonable right? Well not for bus number A8137 who sees us, waves and keeps driving! UM... Hello... what about my son!
So back on the phone I go to the transportation department to ask why in the world the bus drove by us! They had no clue! So as I'm waiting on hold (cringing to your elevator music mind you) I'm hoping that the driver would realize his mistake and come get my child. Oh no, on comes the operator. "I'm so sorry Mrs. Speece no one told the bus driver to pick up your son."
WHAT... NO ONE TOLD THE BUS DRIVER... Isn't that the one person who SHOULD know!
I then think to myself... "self if this happened with the first bus driver... what are the odds that it happened with the second driver, because heaven forbid my child have the same bus driver to and from school!" So I back on the phone I go to your department. I explained the situation to the operator and said I wanted to ensure that the afternoon bus driver knew that they were to bring my son home. I was then placed on hold to listen to your ungodly and inhumane elevator music for about 7 minutes until the phone started ringing again. When the sweet voice answered I said that I was hold... the woman sounded as if she forgot I was there! Thankfully she eased my mind by telling me a message had been left for the driver of bus A9187 and he would be bringing my precious child home, a scheduled drop off time of 336 pm.
EXCELLENT... or so I thought. At about 320 I park myself outside my home to await the arrival of my boy! Alas... no bus, no bubbly 3 year old... only the sound of my phone ringing. The school office calling... gee I wonder what that could be about. Hmmmm it's almost 350 I bet Ethen wasn't picked up, AGAIN! Boy I called that one right.
Your department is either completely incompetent and needs to find another line of work or REALLY needs to work on their communication skills. I'm hoping for the latter but the first is starting to sound more and more compelling.
So my simple request to the Transportation Department for the Clark County School District... PLEASE PICK UP AND BRING HOME MY SON! He's very precious to me and I would hate to have to go all Marine Corps on you and make you cry for mommy because you failed to deliver my him to me!
Thanks,
Brandy
A Concerned Parent
No comments:
Post a Comment